I had two beef plate ribs from 44Farms and I seasoned one with HeyGrillHey's Beef Rub and the other with Meat Church BBQ’s Holy Cow rub to find out which one my family prefers.
Beef short ribs are a great alternative to smoking a full packer brisket. Same great beef flavor with less effort.
None of the products mentioned below or in the video paid for a sponsorship or a product mention.
- Trim away all of the hard fat from the meat side. Score the membrane on the rib side like a tic tac toe.
- Apply a light coat of the rub to the bone side & let it sweat in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Apply a medium coat of the rub to meat side & let it sweat in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the grill to smoke at 250 degrees. Kenyatta used Fogo lump charcoal & post oak wood chunks.
- Place the ribs on the smoker with the meat side up. After a few hours, spritz the ribs with beef broth or apple cider vinegar or another liquid of choice.
- After around 5 or 6 hours, check the internal temperature of the ribs. If they are over 165/170, wrap the ribs in butcher paper to help protect the bark and help accelerate the rest of the cook.
- At this point, it’s ok to let the temperature inside the cooking chamber rise to around 300 degrees. Our goal is to get the internal temp of the ribs over 203 degrees. This will ensure that the ribs are extremely tender.
- After the ribs exceed 203 degrees, remove them from the smoker and let them rest for 30 minutes, then slice them & enjoy!
The video was published on 7/22/2021
Please consider supporting the channel through the affiliate links below. While I will receive a small commission, you will not pay more for products purchased via the links below.
Weber Summit Kamado - https://amzn.to/2Wd0utx
Meat Church BBQ Holy Cow Rub - https://amzn.to/3eMdkp2
Hey Grill Hey Beef Rub - https://amzn.to/2W2Liio
Dalstrong Shogun Series 6” Boning Knife - https://amzn.to/3ByURG4
InkBird Instant Read Thermometer - https://amzn.to/3eNwj2u
My favorite knives are made by Dalstrong! Click the link below to receive $10 off your order of $80 or more!
Sign Up for Butcher Box & Receive $30 off with the link below: